Welcome to EDRA/GHIN
EDRA/GHIN brings together the world of home improvement.
Our membership includes 214 home centre companies operating
over 31,000 stores in 74 countries. Our members generate
over 1.6 million jobs and total revenues of approximately €320 bn.
> read more
2nd Annual EDRA/GHIN Study Tour - South Africa
From the 14th to the 18th of October EDRA/GHIN held it's second Annual Study Tour, this time visiting South Africa. Alongside the General Secretary of EDRA/GHIN, John W. Herbert, 27 Executives and CEOs from 14 countries took part in the Study Tour.
The primary mission of our Annual Study Tour is to familiarise the group to how other countries operate home improvement retailing and what we can learn from them. With this Study Tour to South Africa we had the opportunity to visit 7 different home improvement retail concepts ranging from passionately run small family businesses with small to medium sized stores to large public companies with brilliantly executed “Big-Box” operations. What we experienced was home improvement retailing at a very high level that could no doubt compete with other home improvement retailing concepts globally.
For the sheer success of the Study Tour we thank our GHIN Board Member, Werner de Jager, CEO of Cashbuild, for putting together such an interesting and informative program and for his co-ordination with the CEOs of the stores we visited to ensure that we enjoyed the maximum benefit from our store visits. We also thank Tracy Langlois of TraceLogistics for her outstanding organisational talent that made this Study Tour run so very smoothly.
Perhaps the nicest thing to come out of this amazing, enjoyable and informative 2nd Annual EDRA/GHIN Study Tour was expressed by Erwin van Osta, EDRA/GHIN Board Member and CEO of HUBO Belgium, in his farewell speech…."When we arrived on Monday, we came as colleagues….and now we leave, as friends".
We look forward to welcoming our EDRA/GHIN Members to join us for the 3rd Annual EDRA/GHIN Study Tour taking place in October next year.
- Germany: Christmasworld, Creativeworld & Paperworld set for Jan 2020
- Germany: International Hardware Fair preparing for 1-4 March 2020
- Poland: Adeo Group on growth course
- Romania: Final Praktiker rebranded to Brico Dépôt
- Europe: Heinz Wieczorek names as new CEO of EDIN
- World: Newly Published Global Home Improvement Report 2019
- Germany: New IPM exhibition grounds
- UK: Travis Perkins to outperform expectations in challenging market conditions
- Germany: Globus DIY stores continue growth course
- Canada: Lowe’s Canada CEO Sylvain Prud’homme retires
- Europe: Hornbach reports 8.7% growth
- France: Kingfisher France appoints Alain Rabec as CEO
- Germany: Ambiente getting set for 7-11 February 2020 in Frankfurt
- UK: Mixed results for Kingfisher
EDRA/GHIN's membership spans the world. Both individual companies and national associations have a central role to play in our work. Through membership of the Global Home Improvement Network we provide a forum for knowledge sharing and networking for retailers. While EDRA provides the collective voice for home improvement retailers in Europe.
> read more