Welcome to EDRA/GHIN
EDRA/GHIN brings together the world of home improvement.
Our membership includes 214 home centre companies operating
over 31,000 stores in 74 countries. Our members generate
over 1.6 million jobs and total revenues of approximately €310 bn.
> read more
Watch highlights from the 7th Global DIY Summit here!
Thank you Dublin!
On the 5-7 June we held the 7th edition of our annual Global DIY Summit at the spectacular Convention Centre Dublin, with approximately 1,000 delegates attending from 55 countries. The opening welcome address was given by Minister for Finance, Paschal Donohoe.
Every year the congresses is held in a different European country. In the past seven years it has been to Barcelona, Berlin, London, Stockholm, Rome, Paris and now Dublin.
Everywhere the delegates went in Dublin, they found the Irish people most helpful and friendly. It started at the airport at passport control, in the taxis and buses, at the hotels and in the restaurants, at the award-winning Convention Centre Dublin and also on our visits with 300 delegates in six buses to six stores in our sector.
Without doubt, the Irish people in Dublin we encountered were the friendliest and most helpful we have ever experienced in all the major cities we have visited.
Thank you, Dublin, for making this such a memorable visit!
- Germany: Hornbach CEO Steffen Hornbach to resign at end of year
- Germany: Preparations underway for Heimtextil 2020 edition
- Canada: Positive Q2 for Canadian Tire
- UK: Screwfix opens two new stores in one day
- China: China International Hardware Show gearing up for October
- UK: Travis Perkins announces Wickes demerger
- Spain: Brico Centro rebrand of three Spanish Bricorama stores
- Sweden: Byggmax increases turnover
- UK: Four new Screwfix outlets
- Germany: Tengelmann restructures
- Spain: Market anticipating two per cent growth in 2019
- Germany: OBI opens concept store in Cologne city centre
- Luxembourg: Death of Lucien Hardt
- Germany: Spoga+gafa 1-3 September 2019
EDRA/GHIN's membership spans the world. Both individual companies and national associations have a central role to play in our work. Through membership of the Global Home Improvement Network we provide a forum for knowledge sharing and networking for retailers. While EDRA provides the collective voice for home improvement retailers in Europe.
> read more